If you have always wanted to join the Pakistan army, there are many ways in which you can join it. This article will guide you on the different ways.
Joining the army after a Master’s Degree
Even if you have some level of education, it doesn’t mean that you can’t get into the Pakistan army. You can join the army as a captain or major. For you to qualify for the position you should be no more than 28 years old. You also should meet the minimum physical requirements: If you are male, you should be no less than 162.5 cm. If female, you should be more than 157.5 cm tall.
Joining the army after BA, BSC
In addition to meeting the minimum physical requirements, you should also have got at least 50% marks in your graduation examination and a minimum of 60% marks in Fsc and Fa examinations. You should note that you qualify for Pak army jobs regardless of the course that you took in college. All the course needs to do is be recognized by the HEC.
Joining the army technical cadet course
To join the army using this method you should be between the ages of 17 and 21 years. You should also be male and unmarried. When it comes to education, you should have a Fsc (pre engineering) with a minimum of 65%.
Join the army through the PMA long course
You need to be between the ages of 17 and 22 and have intermediate level of education or its equivalent. You should also be unmarried.
Join the army as cadet
You should be between the ages of 17 and 21 years and have Fsc (pre medical) with a minimum of 70% marks. You should also have a minimum of a C in Biology, chemistry, and physics.
While different entry levels have different conditions, there are some requirements that are universal. One of the universal requirements is that you should meet is the minimum height requirements of 5.4″ in men and 5.4″ in women. You should also be of sound mind.
Ineligibility in army jobs
You are said to be ineligible for Pak army jobs if you meet these conditions:
- You have been rejected twice by ISSB/GHQ selection and review board
- If you have been withdrawn, discharged, or dismissed from armed forces training academies or institutions. You can be withdrawn due to different reasons including: Character, medical, weak profile, discipline, inefficiency, or declared unsuitable for the job.
- If you have been removed or dismissed from any of the government departments
- If you have been convicted by a court of law for an offense that involves moral turpitude
How to apply for army jobs in Pakistan
You can apply for the positions online where you need to visit the official Pakistan army website. You can also apply offline where you need to visit the army selection and recruitment centers (AS&RCs). After making the applications, the board will go through the applications and contact the shortlisted candidates. You will be subjected to both physical and intelligence or personality tests. When it comes to physical tests you will be subjected to running, pushups, sit ups, ditch crossing and chin ups. For personality tests, you will be asked general questions that involve your area of study.
Documents you need during application
When making the application for the Pak navy job or army job, you need to have the necessary documents. These documents include:
- One set of attested photocopies of all of your education documents
- Photocopy of your national identify card if you are 18 years and above. If you are less than 18 years old you need to have a computerized Form “B” together with your guardian’s computerized national identify card.
- 3 fully attested colored photos
- Original and photocopy letter by ISSB