Wednesday, 25 Could 2022
By Tammy Knox
This site in our sequence for international athletes explains vital factors of English regulation in relation to spouse and children issues and divorce.
Although the intricacies of contractual clauses and the tax economical structuring of belongings are undoubtedly at the forefront of many advisers’ minds, an athlete’s romantic relationship status need to in the same way not be missed. Sportspeople, and people advising them, ought to diligently think about the likely monetary ramifications of interactions and their breakdowns, significantly presented that England is broadly regarded as “the divorce capital of the world”. This website examines:
- Essential factors for gurus who are now married (or in a civil partnership)
- How is an entitlement to a divorce (and relevant financial promises) determined in England?
- How will the English courtroom divide funds belongings upon a divorce?
- How will the English courtroom take care of profits upon a divorce?
- Will the situation of the relationship breakdown affect the divorce or affect upon the monetary division?
- What steps ought to be taken if the sportsperson is unmarried?
- What ways can be taken to minimise the danger of adverse publicity about household issues?
Carry on looking at this article…
Sign up with your e-mail and password
Presently a member? Signal in
Get access to all of the pro analysis and commentary at LawInSport such as article content, webinars, meeting films and podcast transcripts. Locate out much more listed here.
Relevant Articles or blog posts
Tammy is a spouse in the London office of Penningtons Manches Cooper, specialising in all places of loved ones legislation, specifically those people with an intercontinental component. She regularly advises on youngster abduction and worldwide relocation of young children, financial challenges arising from separation, Spouse and children Regulation Act programs, disputes about little one arrangements and prenuptial agreements. She is also experienced in symbolizing susceptible clients.